Jack County, Texas Genealogy
|Jack County, Texas|
Location in the state of Texas
Location of Texas in the U.S.
|Founded||August 27, 1856|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
The first settlement was in 1854.
Places / Localities
- Texas African American Griots ~ USGenWeb
- AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy
- Texas African American Genealogy ~ Access Genealogy
- Texas Freedman's Bureau Records ~ Freedman's Bureau Online
|Several Cemeteries in the East Part of Jack County|
|Cundiff||Listing with headstone pictures available|
|Green Elm||Listing with headstone pictures available|
|Wizard Wells||Listing with headstone pictures available|
- Jack County Cemetery Index ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Funeral Home Indexes ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Jack County Tombstone Photos ~ USGenWeb Tombstone Project
- Texas Escapes Listing of Texas cemeteries with transcriptions and lots of pictures.
- Tombstone Transcription Project ~ Partial transcription of cemetery tombstones ~ USGenWeb
- Texas Historic Cemeteries ~ Partial indexes to historic cemeteries
- African American Cemeteries Online ~ Partial index/transcriptions of African American cemeteries
- 1860 Slave Census ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- 1870 Federal Census Images ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- 1880 Federal Census Images ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
Land Survey Abstracts ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Jack County Biographies ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Texas Museums ~ List of all museums in Texas ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Historical Maps ~ From the Republic to the Turn of the Century ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site.
- Military Resources ~ Links to research Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Fallen Heroes ~ Partial Index of casualties from Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Honoring Our Veterans ~ Partial index of veterans from Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Home Town News - Texas Newspaper Index with links
- Newslink - Texas Newspaper List (sorted by publication frequency)
- The Olden Times - Historic Texas News Online
- Jack County Obituaries ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Obituary Resources ~ Links to research and locate obituaries ~ Hidden Ancestors
- USGenWeb Archives Obituary Project ~ Texas
- Afrigeneas ~ African American death notices, obituaries and funeral programs compiled by users from current newspapers and historical sources
- Obituary Depot ~ Texas Newspaper Citations
- Obituary Project ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Obituary Daily Times ~ Citations to over 15,000,000 obituaries including interactive search function
- Search Tax, Criminal, Land and Wills Records ~ Ancestry.com (subscription)
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
- Texas Marriage Records 1966 - 2005 ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Texas Divorce Records 1968 - 2005 ~ Hidden Ancestors
- USGenWeb Census Project ~ Texas 1850 - 1930
Societies and Libraries
Gladys Johnson Ritchie Public Library
626 W College St
Jacksboro, TX 76458
Phone: (940) 567-2240
Society Hill ~ Links and addresses to Texas genealogical and historical societies
- Jack County Archives ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Jack County ~ TXGenWeb
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- Hidden Ancestors Information on Texas genealogy research as well as genealogy research in general.
- USGenWeb Texas Archives Vital statistics, maps, obituaries, Bible records, tombstone transcriptions and many other records.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).