Iredell County, North Carolina Genealogy
|Iredell County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|Founded||November 3, 1788|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1852, 1854--Courthouse fires destroyed many court records.
Statesville (county seat)
- Statesville: 1910
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Templeton] Templeton, Ronald H. "Possible North Carolina/South Carolina Templeton Relationships," The South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 35, No. 3 (Summer 2007):123-130. FHL Book 975.7 B2sc v. 35 Presents discoveries of previously unknown kinships based on the Templeton DNA study.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- Iredell County people in NC Newspapers - name listing of people from the county as located in misc. newspaper articles; time span varies. Articles indexed in the NC People in the Papers database.
- Iredell County newspapers - a listing of newspapers published in the county & libraries that hold them; via the Library of Congress. If you find a paper of interest on microfilm, you may be able to request it via Interlibrary Loan with your local public library.
- Statesville Record and Landmark - current newspaper of Statesville
- Mooresville Tribune - another current paper
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Lake Norman North Carolina Family History Center (Mooresville)
- Statesville North Carolina Family History Center
- Iredell County, NCGenWeb - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).