Difference between revisions of "Illinois State Genealogical Society"
(add infobox details)
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
Revision as of 07:29, 1 September 2010
|Address|| P. O. Box 10195|
Springfield, IL 62791-0195
|Last updated: Aug 24, 2017|
The Illinois State Genealogical Society was organized in October of the state's Sesquicentennial Year, 1968, and is a non-profit, educational organization.
ISGS was established for the following purposes:
- To stimulate an interest in the people who contributed to the establishment and development of the State of Illinois.
- To seek, preserve, and make available data pertaining to individuals, families, and groups who lived in Illinois and to events which took place therein.
- To inform people of the value of, and need for, preserving family and local history for posterity.
- To encourage the formation of local genealogical societies and to coordinate and disseminate information.
The ISGS genealogical collection is located in the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library in Springfield and an administrative office is maintained in the Illinois State Archives.
- What are the benefits for becoming a member of the society?
Membership in the Illinois State Genealogical Society is loaded with values! Your membership investment will give you many dividends: 4 issues of the 64-page Illinois State Genealogical Society Quarterly which is mailed in March, June, September and December; 6 issues of the Illinois State Genealogical Society Newsletter; access to vital records and indexes; 20% discount on publications; free queries in the Quarterly, reduced death certificate lookup and conference fees; and a genealogist to help with problems.
History of the society
FamilySearch Wiki Page Adoptions
- Illinois Archives and Libraries
- Illinois Bible Records
- Illinois Cemeteries
- Illinois Census
- Illinois Directories
- Illinois Genealogy
- Illinois History
- Illinois Maps
- Illinois Military Records
- Illinois Obituaries
- Illinois Societies
- Illinois Vital Records
A complete list of ISGS publications can be found on the Publications page.
- ISGS Fall 2010 Conference
Peoria, IL - Saturday, October 23, 2010
Genealogy - will it play in Peoria? You bet it will! Especially at this year's ISGS annual conference on Saturday, October 23, 2010 at the Pere Marquette Hotel.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What are the directions to the society?
- A. The ISGS office is located at:
- llinois State Archives
Margaret Cross Norton Building
Springfield, IL 62756
- Q. What are the society's hours of operation?
- A. The ISGS office is open on
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
10:00 am to 1:00pm