Idaho Falls Idaho FamilySearch Library/About Us
Equipment / Books / Microfilm
* 3 Scanning stations, each with a rapid photo scanner and a flatbed scanner
* 3 Slide scanners which will do 110 and 35mm negatives and color slides. It will even scan individual frames of 8mm movie film
* 1 Sheet feed document scanner that quickly scans multiple pages into one PDF document
* Large local region book collection
* Access to thousands of microfilm and fiche collections
* Microfilm/fiche ScanPro scanner to save digitized images to USB
* Godfrey Lab with 23 student computer stations, one instructor teaching station, and a projector
* Bell Lab with 16 student computer stations, one instructor teaching station, and a projector
* Archibald Room with 4 student computer stations, one instructor station, and a projector
Note: Each lab is reservable by Temple and Family History Consultants to conduct classes as necessary
Great Staff & Educational Classes
* We have a great staff of missionaries and volunteers that are excited to sit down with you and show you how to "Discover, Gather, and Connect" with your family.
* We have a lunch room with microwaves, fridges, and tables for staff and patrons.
* Most of our educational classes are designed to be interactive and "hands on" to help you solidify skills learned. See our scheduled classes with descriptions
* "Don't feel comfortable with computers?" We have a series of Beginning Computer classes that are helpful to get you up to speed.
* Two 55" interactive touchscreen computers that will make your ancestry come to life for you
* Each of the 80+ library computers connects to a "discovery" portal that provides facts about your ancestors, migration maps, famous relatives you may have, and "Replace a Face" where you face is inserted into old photographs.