Idaho Deaths and Burials (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Idaho Deaths and Burials, 1907-1965 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Idaho, United States|
|Flag of Idaho|
|Location of Idaho|
|Record Type||Deaths and Burials Index|
- 1 What is in The Collection?
- 2 What Can this Collection Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing this Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in The Collection?
This index is an electronic index for the years 1907 to 1965. This index is not complete for any particular place, region or time period. This collection may include information previously published in the International Genealogical Index or Vital Records Index collections.
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Idaho Deaths and Burials, 1907-1965.|
What Can this Collection Tell Me?
Most records in this collection contain the following information:
- Name of the deceased
- Date of death
- Place of death
- Birth date
Some records may also contain the following information:
- Birth place
- Marital status
- Names of other family members
For details about the contents of these records and help using them see the wiki article Deaths and Burials Vital Record Index Collections (FamilySearch Historical Records).
The coverage table shows the places and time periods of the original records in this collection. The table indicates how many records the collection has from each place. Most of the records in the collection are from the time periods listed in the table; however, the collection may have a few records from before or after the time period.
|Locality||Births and Christenings, 1856-1965||Marriages, 1878-1898; 1903-1942||Deaths and Burials, 1907-1965|
How Do I Search the Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the person
- The name of the parents
- The date of the event
Search the Index
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images.
What Do I Do Next?
If these are indexes, the original records may contain additional information than was not indexed, or the information might have been indexed incorrectly. You may want to search for the original record at the Idaho Death Index.
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- In case you need to find this record again later, copy the citation below in the Citing This Collection section.
- Use the age or estimated birth date to find other county or Idaho Vital Records such as birth, baptism, marriage, and death records.
- Use the information found in the record to find additional family members in the United States Census, 1860 (FamilySearch Historical Records) or the United States Census, 1900 (FamilySearch Historical Records). Search the state censuses as well.
- Use the information found in the record to find [Idaho Probate Records].
- Use the information found in the record to find [Idaho Land and Property].
- Search for death or burial information in BillionGraves Index.
- If applicable, search for immigration and naturalization records as well.
- Repeat this process with additional family members found, to find more generations of the family.
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives.
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching a nearby locality.
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name.
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names. Try searching for these names as well.
- Check the infobox above for additional FamilySearch websites and related websites that may assist you in finding similar records.
Citing this Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation'
- "Idaho, Deaths and Burials, 1907-1965" Database. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2017. Index based upon data collected by the Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.