Idaho, Butte County Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Idaho, Butte County Records, 1882-1970 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Butte, Idaho, United States|
|Flag of Idaho|
|Location of Butte County, Idaho|
|Location of Idaho|
|Record Type||County Records|
|Butte County Courthouse, Arco|
- 1 What is in the Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in the Collection?
This collection contains the following records from the county courthouse in Arco.
- Marriages (1917-1970)
- Wills (1893-1951)
- Deeds (1882-1920)
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Idaho, Butte County Records, 1882-1970.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
The information varies between record types so you may find any of the following:
- Name of primary persons
- Names of heirs, such as spouse, children, other relatives, or friends
- Names of the executor, administrator, or guardian
- Names of witnesses
- Dates the documents were written and recorded (used to approximate event dates since a will was usually written near the time of death)
- Description and value of property or land
To see a coverage map of FamilySearch's holdings of Idaho marriages, click here.
How Do I Search the Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the person
- The name date of the event
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select the Record Category
- Select the Record Type, Volume, and Year Range which takes you to the images.
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Idaho, Butte County records, 1882-1970. Some catalog records link to multiple digital image records. In this case, click on a digital image record to find a camera icon to see images.|
What Do I Do Next?
If these are indexes, the original records may contain additional information than was not indexed, or the information might have been indexed incorrectly. You may want to search for the original record at the Idaho Court Records.
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- In case you need to find this record again later, copy the citation below in the Citing This Collection section.
- Use the age or estimated birth date to find other county or Idaho Vital Records such as birth, baptism, marriage, and death records.
- Use the information found in the record to find additional family members in the United States Census, 1850 (FamilySearch Historical Records) or the United States Census, 1900 (FamilySearch Historical Records). Search the state censuses as well.
- Use the information found in the record to find [Idaho Probate Records].
- Use the information found in the record to find [Idaho Land and Property].
- Search for death or burial information in BillionGraves Index.
- If applicable, search for immigration and naturalization records as well.
- Repeat this process with additional family members found, to find more generations of the family.
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives.
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching a nearby locality.
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name.
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names. Try searching for these names as well.
- Check the infobox above for additional FamilySearch websites and related websites that may assist you in finding similar records.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Idaho, Butte County Records,1882-1970" Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2017. Butte County Courthouse, Arco.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.