IRAD—University of Illinois at Springfield (UIS)
Illinois Regional Archives Depository
University of Illinois at Springfield
One University Plaza, MS BRK 140
Springfield IL 62703-5407
Telephone: (217) 206-6520
Hours: Monday – Friday, except state holidays 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
UIS Region: Bond, Cass, Christian, Fayette, Greene, Jersey, Macon, Macoupin Mason, Menard, Montgomery, Morgan http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/archives/irad/iradaddr.html#UIS
Discover which county records are held by IRAD– UIS.
- Click on the depository namein the link above.
- Click on “IRAD Local Governmental Records Database”.
- Click on “Search the Local Governmental Records Holdings Database”.
- Select your county of interest and submit query.
- Results are records held by IRAD for your county.
Discover the records included in statewide databases at IRAD– UIS.
- Click on the depository name in the link above.
- Click on your county of interest.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to view databases pertinent to your county.
IRAD welcomes mail and telephone requests for research help. No e-mail requests are available at this time. There is no charge for research help, except for photocopy costs. You will be informed if your copies exceed $5. Otherwise you will be billed for your copy requests. IRAD requests that you limit your request to 2 names at a time and that you wait for that response before submitting additional requests. Send your request directly to the IRAD regional depository holding the county records of interest. You may send requests to up to 5 different depositories at a time.