Difference between revisions of "Hutchinson County, Texas Genealogy"
(<A script created by the FamilySearch Wiki Engineering Team modified a link on this page so it will not break when the Family History Library Catalog changes in late December.>)
|Line 80:||Line 80:|
*Texas%2C+Hutchinson=Family History Library Catalog
== References ==
== References ==
Revision as of 06:57, 7 January 2011
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Hutchinson County has had two county seats Plemons, 1901-1926, and Stinnett, 1926-present.
Hutchinson County Courthouse
County Clerk, Jan Barnes
P.O. Box 1186
Stinnett, Texas 79083-1186
County Government Website
1876--Hutchinson County was created 21 August 1876 from Bexar Land District. County seat: Stinnett 
Places / Localities
Borger | Dial | Fritch (partly in Moore County) | Phillips | Pringle | Sanford | Stinnett
- History of Hutchinson County, Texas: 104 years, 1876-1980, by the Hutchinson County Historical Commission, history book featuring local history, photographs, illustrations, and biographies. Read the book on line at The Portal to Texas History.
- Memory Cups of Panhandle Pioneers,1945, by Millie Jones Porter.
- The Texas Panhandle Frontier, 1973 by Frederick W. Rathjen.
- Cowman's Country: Fifty Frontier Ranches in the Texas Panhandle, 1876–1887, 1981, by Pauline D. and R. L. Robertson.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).