Hurricane Utah Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Hurricane Utah Family History Center is located in downtown Hurricane just off State Street. We serve the areas of Hurricane, La Verkin, Toquerville, all the way to Zion's National Park. We have almost 60 volunteers who are trained to help visiting patrons surf the highways of the Internet to find their kindred dead and organize their information in one of the software programs available.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- Address: 37 South 200 West Hurricane, Utah 84737
- We are South of State Street right behind the Hurricane Car Dealership located in the old Seminary building.
- Parking is available in the back of the building or in the front on the street.
- Loaction on Map
Open Hours =
MON. WED. FRI.9:00AM - 5:00PM
TUES. & THURS. 9:00AM - 9:00PM
Holiday Schedule: Closure Schedule 2013
- Monday, May 27 Memorial Day
- Monday July 1 - July 21 Summer Break (Reopen Monday, July 22nd)
- Monday, September 2 Labor Day
- Friday, October 4 General Conference
- Monday Nov, 18 - 24 Thanksgiving
- Monday, Dec 16 - Jan. 5 Christmas Break (Reopen Monday January 6th)
Calendar and Events
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Our center has approx 1300 films on indefinite loan and 3 drawers of micro fiche.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 22 computers,
- 2 High volume printers and a copier
- Flat bed scanner, scans Pictures & Slides
- 2 microfilm readers
- Microfilm reader/scanner for printing or saving film images.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)