How to Find Microfilm Numbers for the British World War I records in the FamilySearch Catalog
The Family History Library has copies of the World War I records known as Burnt Docs (WO 363) and Unburnt Docs (WO 361) and a collection of misplaced documents (WO 364). You can find the microfilm number(s) for these records in the Family History Library Catalog.
1. Go to www.familysearch.org.
2. Click the Library tab.
3. Click Family History Library Catalog.
4. Type Great Britain and click Search.
5. Click Great Britain in the search results.
6. Click the topic “Military records - Army - World War, 1914-1918.”
7. Click on one of the titles “Military records of the British Army, 1914-1920”
8. Click View Film Notes to see the microfilm numbers.