Hot Spring County, Arkansas Genealogy
|Arkansas County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||November 2, 1829|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- The County was named for the hot Springs at Hot Springs.
- The county is a "dry county", no alcohols allowed.
Parts were set off to create following new counties:
- Montgomery 9 December 1842
- Grant 4 February 1869
- Garland 5 April 1873
- Part of Garland County was returned to Hot Springs later in 1873.
See an interactive map of Hot Spring County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
Census Districts and Unincorporated Towns
- Oak Bower
- Old De Roche
- Phillips Cemetery, Leola BillionGraves
Men from this county served in the 3rd Regiment, Arkansas Cavalry (Union)1
1Allen, Desmond Walls. The Third Regiment, Arkansas Cavalry (Union) (Arkansas Research: Conway, Arkansas,1987).
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Hot Spring County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).