- 1 Quick Facts
- 2 City Hall
- 3 Resources
- 4 References
Named for Capt. William Henry Hooper, an early Utah delegate to Congress.
Former names: Muskrat Springs, Hooperville
Biography & Genealogies
- Early Latter Day Saints - An Mormon Trail Pioneer Database
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers
- Sons of Utah Pioneers Stories
- Just in Hooper 
- Pioneers and prominent men of Utah: comprised of photographs, genealogies, biographies, the early history of the LDS Church 
- Belnap, Arias (1893-1974)
- Belnap, Gilbert (1821-1899)
- Belnap, Gilbert Rosel (1847-1929)
- Belnap, Hyrum (1858-1938)
- Knight, Adaline (1831-1919)
- McBride, Henrietta (1821-1899)
5290 South 6300 West
Hooper, Utah (801) 985-1641
- Burial records, 1931-1966 (FHL)
- Utah State History - Cemetery Database - not included.
- Cemetery headstones, Hooper, Weber, Utah, 
- Utah Gravestone Photo Project
- The Weber County USGenWeb Project
Church History and Records
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Docket of the Justice's Court for Hooper City Precinct in Weber County, Utah Territory, 1871-1908, book A (FHL)
See also: Biography
- Belnap, John M. History of Hooper, Utah: Land of Beautiful Sunsets (1976) (WorldCat) (FHL)
- Hooper: A Bicentennial History 1976 (1976)
- Ogden Standard Examiner Archives is available at Ancestry.com $ The data base is searchable from 1920 to 1977.
- Utah Digital Newspapers for the Ogden Standard 1879 - 1927
Societies and Libraries
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum
2148 Grant Avenue
Ogden, UT 84401
ph: (801) 393-4460
- Ogden Regional Family History Center
539 24th St.
Ogden, UT 84401
- Marriage information may be located at the Western States Marriage Database searchable by bride or groom.
- Utah Department of Archives 1903 to 50 years ago
Choices of search types - name, date of death (year, month, day, or any combination) and county.
Images of actual death certificates.
- Utah Death Certificates 1904 - 1956 -A free internet access to the 1904-1956 death certificates can be viewed on the Family Search Historical Records. Utah requires a death certificate before a burial is completed. A death certificate may contain information as to the name of the deceased, date of death, and place of death, as well as the age, birthdate, parents, gender, marital status, spouse and place of residence. For information on death prior to 1904 you can search the Utah State Burial Index.
- Ancestry.com $ Utah Death Index 1905-1951 Hint Keyword: enter the year of death and enter the name of county if known.
- Social Security Death Index, begins about 1962.
- Webtree.com, listing individuals who born or died in Hooper. Submitters of gedcoms may add, update or remove contents.