Hoopa Valley Indian Agency (California)
Annual Indian Census Rolls were taken at this agency for 1885-1897, 1899-1907 and 1915 thru 1939. These rolls have been microfilmed by the National Archives as part of their Microcopy Number M595, rolls 182-187. Copies of these records are also available at the National Archives, their Regional Archives, and at the Family History Library and its family history centers (their microfilm numbers 576871-576876). These census rolls are also available online at Ancestry.com's subscription web site.
The 1900 federal census included population schedules for the Hoopa Valley Indian Reservation. The census includes the non-Indian employees of the Hoopa Valley Agency, as well as many pages of Indian Population Schedules for the native population of the Reservation. They are recorded as District 207, Hoopa Valley Indian Reservation, in Humboldt County, California.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Marquette University. Guide to Catholic-Related Records in the Midwest about Native Americans.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online