Hillsdale County, Michigan Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:26, 7 December 2012 by Ltlbites
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County CourthouseHillsdale County Courthouse
29 N Howell St.
Hillsdale, MI 49242
Phone: (517) 437-3391
County Clerk has birth and death records from 1867,
marriage records from 1835, divorce
and court records from 1845.
Probate court has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
1829--Hillsdale County was created 29 October 1829 from unorganized territory. It was attached to Lenawee County prior to organization 11 February 1835. County seat: Hillsdale 
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch.org Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch.org. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch.org. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Hillsdale County, Michigan page 345, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).