Heston, Middlesex Genealogy
'HESTON St. Leonard, a parish, in the union of Brentford, hundred of Isleworth, County of Middlesex. This parish included the following chapels within its boundaries as well:
- Hounslow Holy Trinity Chapel - 1547
- All Saints, Broad Walk -
- Heston Barracks Chapel - 1853'
The Victoria County History of Heston and Isleworth (1962) is available online. It includes a history of land ownership, manors, estates, markets and fairs, mills, economic and social history, local government, churches, Roman Catholicism, Protestant nonconformity, other denominations, schools, and charities.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, nonconformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection.
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Middlesex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Poor Law Unions
Contributor: Add information about the pertinent poor law unions in the area.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Contributor: Add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
- Samuel Lewis, ed. "Herringfleet - Heston," In A Topographical Dictionary of England 491-497. (London: S. Lewis and Co., 1848), Online here, (accessed: 27 April 2010).
- 'Shepperton: The Hundred of Spelthorne (continued)', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 3: Shepperton, Staines, Stanwell, Sunbury, Teddington, Heston and Isleworth, Twickenham, Cowley, Cranford, West Drayton, Greenford, Hanwell, Harefield and Harlington (1962), pp. 85-139. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/source.aspx?pubid=85 Date accessed: 27 March 2012.
- London, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as St Leonard, Heston in Hounslow Borough. Marriages from 1754 to 1812 are not included in this database. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Heston in Hounslow Borough. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Heston in Hounslow Borough. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Heston in Hounslow Borough. Partially indexed.
- 'About Middlesex Baptisms Index 1538-1751,' British Origins, accessed 16 March 2012.
- 'Middlesex Parish Record Transcripts,' The Genealogist, accessed 10 March 2012.
- 'Middlesex Parish registers collection 1538 on Familyrelatives.com,' Family Relatives, accessed 12 March 2012. Derived from Phillimore Marriage Indexes.
- 'West Middlesex Marriage Index Coverage,' Find My Past, accessed 8 March 2012.
- 'Search Marriage Records in Middlesex,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 20 March 2012.
- 'Webb's London Marriages - Marriages, periods and parishes/churches,' British Origins, accessed 12 March 2012.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes (n.p.: n.p., n.d.). FHL British Book 942 V25pm