Hernando County, Florida Genealogy
|Hernando County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||February 24, 1843|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 Refrences
1877 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Places / Localities
The Fountains Memorial Park, Spring Hill BillionGraves
The 1885 Florida State Population Census includes sex, age, relationship, occupation, place of birth of each family member and parents. Also census for agriculture and mortality.
1867 Florida State Population Census First Census to enumerate Black Heads of Household
Societies and Libraries
Hernando Heritage Museum May - Stringer House
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Hernando County FLGenWeb Project, a member of TheFLGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- Hernando County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Hernando County, FLGenWeb Project, Inc.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).