Henry County, Ohio Genealogy
|Henry County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Created||1 April, 1820|
|Address|| Henry County Courthouse|
660 N. Perry St.
Napoleon, Ohio 43545
Henry County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Historical Facts
- 3 Resources
- 3.1 Bible Records
- 3.2 Biography
- 3.3 Business Records and Commerce
- 3.4 Cemeteries
- 3.5 Census
- 3.6 Church Records
- 3.7 Court Records
- 3.8 Emigration and Immigration
- 3.9 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 3.10 Gazetteers
- 3.11 Genealogy
- 3.12 History
- 3.13 Land and Property
- 3.14 Maps
- 3.15 Military
- 3.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 3.17 Newspapers
- 3.18 Obituaries
- 3.19 Periodicals
- 3.20 Probate
- 3.21 Public Records
- 3.22 Repositories
- 3.23 Taxation
- 3.24 Vital Records
- 4 Web Sites
- 5 References
Henry County Courthouse
660 North Perry Street
Napoleon, OH 43545-0546
Probate Judge has birth and death records 1867-1908,
marriage and probate records from 1847;
Clerk Court has divorce and court records 1880;
County Recorder has land records from 1835
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Logan, Shelby, Wood, and Williams Counties 12 February 1820.
- County Seat: Napoleon
- Neighboring Counties: Henry County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Fulton (north) · Putnam (south) · Williams (northwest) · Lucas (northeast) · Defiance (west) · Wood (east)
See an interactive map of Henry County boundary changes.
The courthouse burned down in 1847.
Business Records and Commerce
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Henry County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Henry County.
- 68th Ohio Volunteer Infantry
- - 100th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Company B
Naturalization and Citizenship
Family History Centers
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
- Wikipedia contributors, "Henry County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).