Henry County, Ohio Genealogy
|Henry County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Logan, Shelby, Wood, and Williams Counties 12 February 1820.
- County Seat: Gallipolis
- Neighboring Counties: Henry County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Fulton (north) · Putnam (south) · Williams (northwest) · Lucas (northeast) · Defiance (west) · Wood (east)
See an interactive map of Henry County boundary changes.
The courthouse burned down in 1847.
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Henry County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Henry County.
- 68th Ohio Volunteer Infantry
- - 100th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Company B
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
- Wikipedia contributors, "Mahoning County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahoning_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).