Henry County, Indiana Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1821--Henry County was created 31 December 1821 from unorganized territory.
County seat: New Castle 
February 1864 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Burned Counties Research in FamilySearch Wiki
- Michael John Neill, Burned Counties in Family History Circle
Civil War service men from Henry County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Henry County.
- 1st Regiment, Indiana Heavy Artillery, Company M
- 2nd Battery, Indiana Light Artillery
- 3rd Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company I
- 5th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry (90th Regiment, Indiana Volunteers), Company C
- 6th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, company F
- 8th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F, and Reorganized E
- 9th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company E
- 11th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company K
- 13th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company G
- 16th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company K
- 34th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 36th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, C, D, and F
- 57th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, and F
- 84th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies F, G, and I
- 105th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, C, and K
- 109th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Henry County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).