Henrico Parish, Virginia
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 16:15, 18 February 2011 by Murphynw (history)
Patrick Henry delivered his famous "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" speech at St. John's on the 23rd of March 1775.
- abt 1611
- Burton, Lewis W. Annals of Henrico Parish, Diocese of Virginia and Especially of St. John's Church, the Present Mother Church of the Parish, from 1611 to 1884. Richmond, VA, USA: Williams Printing Company, 1942. Digital version at Ancestry ($).
- Moore, J. Staunton. The Annals and History of Henrico Parish, Diocese of Virginia: and St. John's P.E. Church. 1904; reprint, Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co., 1979. Available at FHL [2 copies]; digital versions at Ancestry ($); Internet Archive (1); Internet Archive (2); Internet Archive (3).
- St. John's Church Marker "Give me liberty or give me death!", The Historical Marker Database
- Saint John's Episcopal Church Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- Welcome to St. John's Church Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).