Hennepin County, Minnesota Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- 1852--Hennepin County was created 6 March 1852 from Dakota County. County seat: Minneapolis 
- For a brief history of how Hennepin County was named, click here. Then select Hennepin County.
Bloomington | Brooklyn Center | Brooklyn Park | Champlin | Chanhassen | Corcoran | Crystal | Dayton | Deephaven | Eden Prairie | Edina | Excelsior | Golden Valley | Greenfield | Greenwood | Hanover | Hopkins | Independence | Long Lake | Loretto | Maple Grove | Maple Plain | Medicine Lake | Medina | Minneapolis | Minnetonka | Minnetonka Beach | Minnetrista | Mound | New Hope | Orono | Osseo | Plymouth | Richfield | Robbinsdale | Rockford | Rogers | Shorewood | Spring Park | St. Anthony Village | St. Bonifacius | St. Louis Park | Tonka Bay | Wayzata | Woodland
- Eden Prairie Cemetery, Eden Prairie BillionGraves
- Lakewood Cemetery, Minneapolis, Minnesota, has a name search.
- Cemeteries listings. US Gen Web Archives. Bloomington, Chaplin, Crystal Lake, Fort Snelling, Greenwood, Lakewood, Summit Park, Unitarian Wyzata, Evangelical Bohemian Presbyterian Minnetonka
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Fold3.com ($) has Minneapolis City Directories 1865-1923 (4 yrs. missing) available online.
- Fold3.com ($) has St. Paul City Directories 1863-1924 (4 yrs. missing) available online.
- Simple map of Hennepin County Communities and Townships
Civil War service men from Hennepin County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Hennepin County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company E.
- - 3rd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company A.
- - 4th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company C.
- - 6th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies B, C, and D.
- - 8th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies A and K.
- Newspaper Links - Minnesota Historical Society
- Chronicling America (Library of Congress) This freely accessible website, available from any Internet connection, hosts historic newspapers (1860-1922) from across the United States for noncommercial, educational and research purposes. Currently the following Minnesota titles are available on Chronicling America, with more to follow:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Anoka Minnesota Family History Center
- Bloomington Minnesota Family History Center
- Minneapolis Minnesota Family History Center
- Hennepin County, MN Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- Family History Library Catalog
- Hennepin County US Gen Web Site
- Hennepin County US Gen Web Archives Site
- ancestry.com Hennepin County Resource Page ($ need ancestry.com subscription)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).