Hemet California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Hemet Family History Center is located at 425 North Kirby Street, Hemet, CA 92545-3633 and is available to residents and visitors of the San Jacinto Valley. The main door is located on the West side middle of the building. From inside the building the Center is located on the west end. There is plenty of free parking available. Click here for a map.
Film and Book Collections
The Center houses a large collection of resources including: 16,000 + rolls of microfilm, 44,000 + rolls of microfiche, 250 CDs, and 14,533 + books some of which are only found in this Center. See Hemet FamilySearch Center Holdingsfor a detailed listing of available resources. To see a listing of our recent acquisitions click here.
Computer, Scanners, Printers
Additional state-of-the-art resources are available for patron use including: 13 computers, 1 computer with Microfilm Scanner and Flat Bed Scanner, 1 Networked Lexmark Color / Copier / Scanner / Printer, 2 Networked Lexmark Printers, 6 Microfiche Readers, 11 Microfilm Readers.
Free access to the following subscription websites is also available. Click here for a description of each of the following:
- Fold 3
- New England Historical and Genealogical Society
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- World Vital Records
- Alexander Street Press
- Historic Map Works Library Edition
- Paper Trail
- The Genealogist
- Find My Past
- The 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Genline Family Finder
- The Center CD Collection
- Ancestral Quest
- Data collections
- Phone: (951) 658-8104
- E-mail: Gene Cheney, Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-mail: The Center email@example.com
- Please call, during open hours, or send an email with your questions and/or concerns.
- Monday - 9 am to 5 pm
- Tuesday - 9 am to 5 pm
- Wednesday- 9 am to 5 pm
- Thursday - 9 am to 5 pm
- Friday - 9 am to 1 pm
- Saturday- 9 am to 5 pm
- Sunday - closed
- August 19th thru September 2, 2013 - Summer Break
- October 5, 2013 - LDS General Conference
- November 27th to December 1, 2013 - Thanksgiving Break
- December 21, 2013 to January 5, 2014- Christmas Break
- April 5, 2014 - LDS General Conference
- May 26, 2014 - Memorial Day
- July 4, 2014 - Independence Day
- September 1, 2014 - Labor Day
- October 5, 2014 - LDS General Conference
- November 26th to November 30, 2014 - Thanksgiving Break
- Decemer 22, 2014 to January 4, 2015 - Christmas Break
Saturday, August 10, 2013 "Family History Workshop and Potluck Luncheon"
- Free to All
- Time: 9 AM to 1 PM, Luncheon 1 PM to 2 PM
- Hemet FamilySearch Center - on Kirby Avenue, Hemet, CA Click here for a map
- 9 AM to 10:45 AM:
Session 1a: FamilySearch Changes, Enhancements & Applications including Search, Photos, Stories, Family tree and Temple Submission Online Features.
Session 2b: How to Research Using Online FamilySearch Books and Catalogs. Digitizing Records Using the Hemet FamilySearch Center New Scanning Equipment.
- 11 AM to 12:45 PM: Repeat of Sessions 1a and 1b so that all will hear both sessions
- 1 PM to 2 PM Potluck Luncheon with Speaker
Staff Training Meetings
Monthly Hemet Family History Center Staff Meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 2:00 pm at the Center. The goal is to help each staff member become more proficient in his/her ability to help patrons. We appreciate so much all you do to move orward this great work.