Hemet California Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Location
- 2 Film and Book Collections
- 3 Computer, Scanners, Printers
- 4 Computer Software
- 5 Contact Information
- 6 Open Hours
- 7 Holiday Schedule
- 8 Calendar and Events
- 9 Center Resources
- 10 Hardware and Equipment
- 11 Center Services
- 12 Resources in the Local Area
- 13 Links
- 14 Volunteer at the Center
The Hemet FamilySearch Center is located at 425 North Kirby Street, Hemet, CA 92545-3633 and is available to residents and visitors of the San Jacinto Valley. The main door is located on the West side middle of the building. From inside the building the Center is located on the west end. There is plenty of free parking available.
Film and Book Collections
The Center houses a large collection of resources including: 16,000 + rolls of microfilm, 44,000 + rolls of microfiche, 250 CDs, and 14,533 + books some of which are only found in this Center. See Hemet FamilySearch Center Holdingsfor a detailed listing of available resources. This listing is frequently updated.
Computer, Scanners, Printers
Additional state-of-the-art resources are available for patron use including: 13 computers, 1 computer with Microfilm Scanner and Flat Bed Scanner, 1 Networked Lexmark Color / Copier / Scanner / Printer, 2 Networked Lexmark Printers, 6 Microfiche Readers, 11 Microfilm Readers.
Free access to the following subscription websites is also available. Click here for a description of each of the following:
- Fold 3
- New England Historical and Genealogical Society
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- World Vital Records
- Alexander Street Press
- Historic Map Works Library Edition
- Paper Trail
- The Genealogist
- Find My Past
- The 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Genline Family Finder
- Phone: (951) 658-8104
- E-mail: Gene Cheney firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday - 9 am to 5 pm
- Tuesday - 9 am to 5 pm
- Wednesday- 9 am to 9 pm
- Thursday - 9 am to 5 pm
- Friday - 9 am to 1 pm
- November 27 to December 1, 2013
- December 21, 2013 to January 5, 2014
If you have questions about the center or how we may help you please call (951) 658-8104 we are happy to help you find greater success with your Family History work.
Calendar and Events
Saturday, August 10, 2013 "Family History Workshop and Potluck Luncheon"
- Free to All
- Time: 9 AM to 1 PM, Luncheon 1 PM to 2 PM
- Hemet FamilySearch Center - on Kirby Avenue, Hemet, CA
- 9 AM to 10:45 AM:
Session 1a: FamilySearch Changes, Enhancements & Applications including Search, Photos, Stories, Family tree and Temple Submission Online Features.
Session 2b: How to Research Using Online FamilySearch Books and Catalogs. Digitizing Records Using the Hemet FamilySearch Center New Scanning Equipment.
- 11 AM to 12:45 PM: Repeat of Sessions 1a and 1b so that all will hear both sessions
- 1 PM to 2 PM Potluck Luncheon with Speaker
Staff Training Meetings
History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
(List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)