Help:Wiki University Main Page (Cont.)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
[edit | edit source]
- The left sidebar appears on all article pages.
- It contains links to many important topics in the Wiki.
- It changes from time to time, so keep an eye on it.
Getting Started[edit | edit source]
- Wiki Home - Links to home page.
- About the Wiki - Detailed description of the research materials available in the Wiki.
- Online Genealogy Records - A page listing links to online records pages for various countries.
- Research Resources - List of various research resources for patrons.
- Browse by Country - List of links to all countries and the genealogical material the Wiki has for each.
- Browse all Wiki Content - Links to various categories in the Wiki.
- Family History Library - Links to information on the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
- Family History Centers - How to get help from a Family History Center and how to find one near you.
- Submit Wiki Content - How to make suggestions for edits or for new material if you do not want to edit yourself.
- Report a Problem - Allows patrons to report problems with the Wiki to FamilySearch.
- Contact Us - Allows patrons to offer suggestions or ask questions concerning the Wiki.
Volunteer and Helper[edit | edit source]
- Personal Sandbox - Links to your personal main sandbox page.
- Upload File/Image - Allows users without the proper rights to upload files and image for approval.
- Edit the Wiki - Links to Contributing to the Wiki.
- Adopt a Page - Article describing how to adopt a page.
- Manual of Style - Article describing standards for submitting material to the Wiki
- Guiding Principles - Link to pages covering what material is suitable for submission to the Wiki.
- Community News - Announcements concerning the Wiki.
- Community Meetings - Links to collaborate and interact with FamilySearch employees and community members.
- Wiki Support - Link to FamilySearch Wiki:The Support Center.
- Wiki University - Link to lessons on Wikitext, HTML, and Visual Editor.
Tool[edit | edit source]
- What links here - List of pages that link to the page you are on.
- Related changes - List of pages that have been edited and are linked to specific pages that you are watching.
- Upload file - Link for Wiki users to upload images.
- Special pages - List of reports and various controls, some of which require special user rights to access.
- Printable version - Creates a version of the page that is printer friendly.
- Permanent link - Link that will take you to the last edit to this page.
- Page information - Detailed statistical information about the page.
- Cite this Page - Information on how to cite the current page.
Try these out[edit | edit source]