Haverton Hill, Durham Genealogy
HAVERTON-HILL, achapelry in Billingham parish, Durham; on the river Tees, and the Clarence railway, 2 miles NW of Middlesborough. It was constituted in 1862; and its post town is Billingham, under Stocktonupon-Tees. The church was built in 1866.
Haverton Hill St John the Baptist parish was created in 1862 from Billingham St Cuthbert parish.
Durham University Library Archives and Special Collections DDR/EA/PBT/2/128 1866-1872 Parish Register transcripts are available to search free online at Record Search.
The dates of the post-1760 transcripts have been noted in detail and sometimes only cover years. For most parishes in the collection there are gaps in the sequence of transcripts. It is advisable to consult the original parish registers for these years and events.
The Parish Registers for the period 1866-1966 are deposited at Durham County Record Office, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL EP/Hav).
- John Marius Wilson,Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72