Harvey County, Kansas Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:35, 29 November 2012 by Ltlbites
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Harvey County Courthouse
800 N Main
Newton, KS 67114
Probate Court has marriage records from 1800’s.
Clerk District Court has divorce, probate and court records from 1872.
Register of Deeds has land records from 1800’s. 
- 1872--Harvey County was created 29 February 1872 from McPherson, Sedgwick, and Marion Counties. County seat: Newton 
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Harvey County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Harvey County, Kansas page 251, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).