Harlan County, Nebraska Genealogy
Harlan County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Harlan County, Nebraska|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||June 3, 1871|
|Address|| Harlan County Courthouse|
706 W. 2nd Street
Alma, Nebraska 68920
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Harlan County Courthouse
706 W 2nd Street
Alma, NE 68920
County Clerk has marriage and land records.
County Judge has probate and court records.
Clerk District Court has divorce records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
706 2nd Street
Alma, NE 68920
St Paul's Lutheran Cemetery: Located 3 miles north of Republican City
For tips on accessing Harlan County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Harlan County, Nebraska page 431, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).