Harding County, South Dakota Genealogy
|Harding County, South Dakota|
Location in the state of South Dakota
Location of South Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||March 5, 1881|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Harding County; 901 Ramsland St; Buffalo, SD 57720; Ph. 605.375.3351 Details: (Attached to Butte Co. Eliminated 8 Nov 1898 to Butte. Recreated 3 Nov 1908 from Butte. Organized 30 Jan 1911) (Reg of Deeds has b, d, bur & land rec from 1909; Co Treas has m rec from 1909; Clk Ct has div, pro, ct & school cen rec from 1909)
1881--Harding County was created 5 March 1881 from unorganized territoy.
County seat: Buffalo 
- Adams County, North Dakota
- Bowman County, North Dakota
- Carter County, Montana
- Fallon County, Montana
1905, 1915, 1925 State Censuses --Unique information could include: Ethnic Background, Maiden Name, Church Affiliation & Military Service
1905 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1915 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1925 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1935 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1945 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).