Harborne, Staffordshire Genealogy
HARBORNE, or Harbourn (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of King's-Norton, S. division of the hundred of Offlow and of the county of Stafford, 3 miles (S. W. by W.) from Birmingham. The Baptists and Wesleyans have places of worship. 
Gazetteer / Directory Entries
HARBORNE, a parish in the southern division of the hundred of OFFLOW, county of STAFFORD 3 3/4 mike (S. W. by W.) from Birmingham, containing with the hamlet of Smethwick, 3350 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, rated in the king's books at £4, endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £ 1200 royal bounty, and in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Lichfield. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, has a tower in the later style of English architecture, and has lately received an addition of three hundred and sixty sittings, of which two hundred and sixty are free, the Incorporated Society for the enlargement of churches and chapels having granted £250 towards defraying the expense. A school room has been endowed by Mr Henry Hinckley with three tenements producing an income of £24. 15. a year, for which sum forty children receive free instruction. [Lewis 1831]
Many of Staffordshire's Parish Register entries have been transcribed in full by Staffordshire Freereg and can be searched for free.
Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A.,[ http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=51005 A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848)], pp. 404-407. Date accessed: 29 October 2012.