Hancock County, Mississippi Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 23:01, 10 November 2011 by JamesAnderson
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1812--Hancock County was created 18 December 1812 from the Mobile District. County seat: Bay St. Louis 
1863--Some records were lost.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Bay St. Louis
- Civil War service men from Hancock County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Hancock County.
- - 3rd Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company F - Shieldsboro Rifles
- Company G - Gainesville Volunteers
- - 17th Battalion, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company B - Poitevent’s Company
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).