Difference between revisions of "Hamilton County, Nebraska Genealogy"
|Line 62:||Line 62:|
==== History ====
==== History ====
==== Land ====
==== Maps ====
==== Maps ====
Revision as of 00:51, 6 June 2013
Hamilton County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Hamilton County, Nebraska|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||February 16, 1867|
|Address|| Hamilton County Courthouse|
1111 13th Street, Ste. 1
Aurora, Nebraska 68818-2017
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Hamilton County Courthouse
1111 13th St. Ste. 1
Aurora, NE 68818
County Clerk has marriage and land records from 1870.
County Judge has probate and court records.
Clerk District Court has divorce records. 
1867--Hamilton County was created 16 February 1867 from unorganized territory. County seat: Aurora 
For tips on accessing Hamilton County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Land and property records can place an ancestor in a particular location, provide economic information, and reveal family relationships. Land records include: deeds, abstracts and indexes, mortgages, leases, grants and land patents.
See Nebraska Land and Property for additional information about early Nebraska land grants. After land was transferred to private ownership, subsequent transactions were usually recorded at the county courthouse, where records are currently housed.
Early migration routes to and from Hamilton County, Nebraska Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
In most counties in Nebraska, probate records have been kept by the county judge. They include wills, fee books, claim registers, legacy records, inheritance records, probate ticklers, and dockets. The records are available at the county courthouse.
The FamilySearch Catalog lists films of probate records. To find the records for this county, use the Place Search for Nebraska - Adams - Probate records.
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Hamilton County, Nebraska page 431, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map I" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap1.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "The Pioneer Story: The Mormon Pioneer Trail" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).