Hamilton County, Florida Genealogy
|Hamilton County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||December 26, 1827|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1929 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Places / Localities
- Brooks County, Georgia
- Clinch County, Georgia
- Echols County, Georgia
- Lowndes County, Georgia
The 1885 Florida State Population Census includes sex, age, relationship, occupation, place of birth of each family member and parents. Also census for agriculture, manufacture and mortality.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Hamilton County FLGenWeb Project, a member of TheFLGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- Hamilton County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Hamilton County, FLGenWeb Project, Inc.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).