Greenford, Middlesex Genealogy
'Greenford, Great Holy Cross from 1539, a parish, in the union of Brentford, hundred of Elthorne, county of Middlesex, 4½ miles north and east from Hounslow. The Baptists also built a chapel here.'
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Middlesex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Contributor: Add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
- A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis (1848), pp. 332-338. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50989 Date accessed: 22 April 2010.
- John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales. Published London: 1870; see: of Britain
- London, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Holy Cross, Great Greenford in Ealing Borough. Marriages from 1754 to 1812 are not included in this database. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Greenford in Ealing Borough. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Greenford in Ealing Borough. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Greenford in Ealing Borough. Partially indexed.
- 'West Middlesex Marriage Index Coverage,' Find My Past, accessed 8 March 2012.
- 'London Parish Record Transcripts,' The Genealogist, accessed 10 March 2012.