Greene County, Ohio Genealogy
|Greene County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Hamilton and Ross Counties in 1803.
- County Seat: Xenia
- Neighboring Counties: Greene County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Clark (north) · Clinton and Warren (south) · Madison (northeast) · Fayette (east) · Montgomery (west)
See an interactive map of Greene County boundary changes.
Online Woodland Cemetery, Dayton, Green, Ohio Records
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Miami Valley Genealogy Index is an Index to more than a half million pointers to records all over Miami Valley including Greene County.
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- Vital Records prior to 1909 are located at the Greene County Records Center and Archives.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Wikipedia contributors, "Mahoning County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahoning_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).