Greene County, Missouri Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Greene County, Missouri published Greene County Archives Bulletins from at least 1988 to 1995. These bulletins included guides and indexes to several types of records for the county, including divorce records, Circuit Court records, naturalization records, coroner's record books, stray records, Alms House records, etc. A listing of the contents of these bulletins is available online. Most of the specific titles are included in the descriptions of the records under the appropriate record type below.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
When Greene County was formed in 1833, a Circuit Court was established and has continued to the present day. Historically there were at least four other courts in Greene County:
See Greene County, Missouri Court Records for a more complete description of these courts and their records.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Guide to the Courts of Greene County, Missouri available online.