Gray County, Texas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Gray County has had two courthouses. The first one, built in 1902, in Lefors, was used as a private residence  after Pampa became the county seat in 1928. The current Gray County courthouse, a four-story Texas Renaissance style building, was built in 1928. It was restored in 2003 and is a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark. A courthouse annex was built in 1959. It was destroyed by tornado in 1970 and rebuilt. 
Gray County Courthouse
County Clerk - Susan Winborne
P.O. Box 1902
Pampa, TX 79066
Gray County Government website
1970--Gray County Courthouse Annex destroyed by tornado.
Places / Localities
Alanreed | Lefors | McLean | Pampa
- Gray County Bicentennial Observance, 1776–1976: Souvenir Program
- For the Reason We Climb Mountains - Gray County, 1902–1982, 1982 by Elleta Nolte.
- Gray County Heritage, 1985, by Gray County History Book Committee.
- Gray County History from the Handbook of Texas Online.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- TexasEscapes.com http://www.texasescapes.com/TexasPanhandleTowns/LeforsTexas/LeforsTx.htm
- HistoricTexas.net: Gray County http://www3.historictexas.net/gray-county-texas
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Handbook of Texas Online: Gray County http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hcg08