Gray County, Texas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Gray County has had two courthouses. The first one, built in 1902, in Lefors, was used as a private residence  after Pampa became the county seat in 1928. The current Gray County courthouse, a four-story Texas Renaissance style building, was built in 1928. It was restored in 2003 and is a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark. A courthouse annex was built in 1959. It was destroyed by tornado in 1970 and rebuilt. 
Gray County Courthouse
County Clerk - Susan Winborne
P.O. Box 1902
Pampa, TX 79066
Gray County Government website
Places / Localities
Alanreed | Lefors | McLean | Pampa
- Gray County Bicentennial Observance, 1776–1976: Souvenir Program
- For the Reason We Climb Mountains - Gray County, 1902–1982, 1982 by Elleta Nolte.
- Gray County Heritage, 1985, by Gray County History Book Committee.
- Gray County History from the Handbook of Texas Online.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- TexasEscapes.com http://www.texasescapes.com/TexasPanhandleTowns/LeforsTexas/LeforsTx.htm
- HistoricTexas.net: Gray County http://www3.historictexas.net/gray-county-texas
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Handbook of Texas Online: Gray County http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hcg08