Grants Pass Oregon Family History Center
<img _fck_mw_template="true" _fckrealelement="0" _fckfakelement="true" src="https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/extensions/FCKeditor/fckeditor/editor/images/spacer.gif" class="FCK__MWTemplate">
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 1969 Williams Highway, Grants Pass, Oregon
- Entrance to the Family History Center is on the Harbeck side of the building. There is a security system with a phone pickup to the center. A staff member will open the door for you.
- <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1969+Williams+Highway,+Grants+Pass,+Oregon&hl=en&ll=42.41579,-123.339343&spn=0.026614,0.039053&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=57.641503,79.980469&oq=+1969+Williams+Highway,+Grants+Pass,+Oregon&hnear=1969+Williams+Hwy,+Grants+Pass,+Oregon+97527&t=m&z=15">Location on Map</a>
Open Hours: Tuesday & Thursday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, Wednesday 8:30 am - 8:30 pm, Friday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
August open hours: Tuesday - Friday 12:30 - 4:30 PM, closed County Fair Week August 13-16.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- <a href="https://www.familysearch.org/#form=catalog">Family History Library Catalog:</a> This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- <a href="http://fhc.familysearch.org/">FHC Portal:</a> This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- Our center has 10 computers with printers and a copy machine. There are four microfilm readers and one microfiche reader.
- Center Services include individual personal assistance.
Staff Research Specialties
(Include sections for any other services your center provides. Add additional sections for those services. See the <a href="Mesa Family History Center">Mesa</a> and <a href="Logan Utah Family History Center">Logan</a> FHC pages for examples.) <fck:hr>
Resources in the Local Area
The Grants Pass Historical Society is an active group of people dedicated to helping others find their family history. They hold monthly meetings with speakers who share various topics of genealogical interest.
The Josephine County Museum has a large collection of information regarding the local area. They also sell local history books.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.) <fck:hr>
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.) </fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr>