Grant County, Oregon Genealogy
|Grant County, Oregon|
Location in the state of Oregon
Location of Oregon in the U.S.
|Founded||October 14, 1862|
|County Seat||Canyon City|
|Named for: General Ulysses S. Grant|
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Places / Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Web Sites
- 6 References
Grant County Court
201 S. Humboldt St., #280
Canyon City, OR 97820
- Records Held at the Courthouse
County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Grant County Court House as of July 2004.
- Records Loss:
Named for General Ulysses S. Grant, General of the Union Army at the time.
Gold was discovered in what is now Canyon Creek in 1862, bring a gold rush into the area.
Places / Localities
Please do not format these pages unless you have contents to add to them.
- 1870 - the portion that is now Harney County was not enumerated
- 1880 - the portion that is now Harney County was not enumerated. This includes what is now Burns, Harney, etc.
- 1890 - most census's burned in fire and not available. Try finding state census.
- United States 1900 Census
- United States 1910 Census $
- United States 1920 Census $
- United States 1930 Census $
Church History and Records
Emigration and Immigration
- Ellis Island Passenger Arrival Records, 1892-1924, listing passengers who stated they are going to Grant County, Oregon
Land and Deeds Records
Societies, Libraries and Museums
- Social Security Death Index, begins about 1962 to at least 2 months ago.
Many early marriages are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
Societies and Libraries
- The Grant County GenWeb Project, part of The ORGenWeb Project, a state project affiliated with The USGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Grant County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Grant County (backup site)
- Webtree.com, listing individuals who born or died in Grant County, Oregon. Submitters of gedcoms may add, update or remove contents.
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Grant County.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].