Grant County, Nebraska Genealogy
Grant County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Grant County, Nebraska|
| Map of Nebraska highlighting Grant County|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||March 31, 1887|
|Address|| Grant County Courthouse|
P.O. Box 139
Hyannis, Nebraska 69350-0139
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Grant County Courthouse
P.O. Box 139
Hyannis, Ne 69350-0139
County Clerk has marriage and land records 1888,
court records from 1897, naturalization records 1891-1912,
divorce records from 1890 and military records from 1921.
County Judge has probate records. 
1887--Grant County was created 31 March 1887 from unorganized territory. County seat: Hyannis 
For tips on accessing Grant County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Grant County, Nebraska page 430, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).