Difference between revisions of "Grant County, Minnesota Genealogy"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
''[[United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Minnesota]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]]'' '''Grant County''
''[[United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Minnesota]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]]''
'''Grant County ''
Revision as of 03:28, 12 April 2013
Guide to Grant County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Grant County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||March 6, 1868|
|County Seat||Elbow Lake|
|Address|| Grant County Courthouse|
Elbow Lake, MN 56531
Grant County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clerk District Court has birth and death records from 1877,
marriage records from 1869, divorce
and court records from 1883.
Probate Judge has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
- 1868--Grant County was created 6 March 1868 from Stevens, Wilkin, and Traverse Counties. It was attached to Douglas County from 1868 to 1873 for judicial purposes. County seat: Elbow Lake 
- For brief history of how Grant County was named, click here, then select Grant County.
Ashby | Barrett | Elbow Lake | Herman | Hoffman | Norcross | Wendell
Delaware Township | Elbow Lake Township | Elk Lake Township | Erdahl Township | Gorton Township | Land Township | Lawrence Township | Lien Township | Logan Township | Macsville Township | North Ottawa Township | Pelican Lake Township | Pomme de Terre Township | Roseville Township | Sanford Township | Stony Brook Township
Erdahl | Pomme de Terre
Grant County Naturalization Records An inventory of naturalization records by the Grant Historical Society.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Grant County, Minnesota page 364, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).