Graham County, North Carolina Genealogy
Guide to Graham County North Carolina genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Graham County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|Founded||January 30, 1872|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Graham County Courthouse
Main St. P O Box 406
Robbinsville, NC 28771-0575
Register of Deeds has birth, death records from 1913
marriage, land records from 1873 Clerk Superior Court
has divorce, court, probate records, from 1872
For animated maps illustrating North Carolina county boundary changes, "Rotating Formation North Carolina County Boundary Maps" (1664-1965) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
For a list of record loss in North Carolina counties see: North Carolina Counties with Burned Courthouses
For tips on accessing Graham County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Graham County, NC History, Records, Facts and Genealogy (Genealogy Inc)
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Graham County, North Carolina. Page 509 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/9/91/Iginorthcarolinag.pdf.