Grafton County, New Hampshire Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
The Grafton County Complex
3855 Darmouth College Highway
North Haverhill, NH 03774
- Named for Augustus Henry FitzRoy, 3rd Duke of Grafton, KG, PC (28 September 1735 – 14 March 1811), styled Earl of Euston between 1747 and 1757, was a British Whig statesman of the Georgian era. He was one of a handful of dukes who served as Prime Minister. He was a son of Lord Augustus FitzRoy and Elizabeth Cosby, daughter of Colonel William Cosby, who served as a colonial Governor of New York.
- Created 19 March 1771 from the Colonial lands. 
Places / Localities
- CourthouseRecords Reference gives links to courthouse holdings
- Gazeteer Grafton County is found at Archive.org
- Military record of the sons of Dartmouth in the Union Army and Navy, 1861-1865, compiled by E. D. Redington, '61 ; rev. and edited by W. H. Hodgkins - Online Book - Also available on microfiche at the Family History Library.
Certified copies of of birth, death, and marriage records are available from the State Division of Vital Records Administration or from the local city and town clerk where the event took place. Original records are kept by the city or town clerk and copies are sent to the state.
In 1905, when the state created the Bureau of Vital Records and Health, printed cards were distributed to the local clerks and earlier vital records were transcribed onto the cards and submitted to the state.
- New Hampshire Birth Records, Early to 1900 are available online from FamilySearch.
- New Hampshire Marriage Records, 1637-1947 are available online from FamilySearch.
- New Hampshire Death Records, 1654-1947 are available online from FamilySearch.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Grafton County NHGenWeb Project, an member of The NHGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Grafton County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Grafton County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Grafton County
- Grafton County, New Hampshire Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181. [FHL book 973 D27e 2002]. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HBG" defined multiple times with different content Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HBG" defined multiple times with different content