Goshen County, Wyoming Genealogy
Guide to Hot Springs County Wyoming genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Goshen County, Wyoming|
Location of Wyoming in the U.S.
|Founded||February 9, 1911|
|Address|| Goshen County Courthouse|
2125 E A Street
PO Box 160
Torrington, WY 82240
Goshen County Website
- 1 Historical Facts =
- 2 Resources
- 3 Societies and Libraries
- 4 Web Sites
- 5 References
Historical Facts =
- Parent County: created 9 February 1911 from Laramie county
- County seat: Torrington 
- Neighboring Counties: Banner County, Nebraska | Laramie | Niobrara
|Fort Laramie||Jay Em||South Torrington||Wycross|
|Hawk Springs||La Grange||Torrington||Yoder|
For tips on accessing Goshen County, Wyoming Genealogy census records online, see: Wyoming Census.
Early migration routes to and from Goshen County, Wyoming Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
County Clerk has marriage and land records; Clerk District Court has divorce, probate and court records
122 marriages from 8 Jan 1913 to 19 Apr 1917 are listed on the Western States Marriage Index (website).
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map III" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap3.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "The Pioneer Story: The Mormon Pioneer Trail" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 766. Goshen County, Wyoming