Goodhue County, Minnesota Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- 1853--Goodhue County was created 5 March 1853 from Wabasha and Dakota Counties. County seat: Red Wing 
- For a brief history of how Goodhue County was named, click here. Then select Goodhue County.
Bellechester | Cannon Falls | Dennison | Goodhue | Kenyon | Lake City | Pine Island | Red Wing |Wanamingo | Zumbrota
Belle Creek Township | Belvidere Township | Cannon Falls Township | Cherry Grove Township | Featherstone Township | Florence Township | Goodhue Township | Hay Creek Township | Holden Township | Kenyon Township | Leon Township | Minneola Township | Pine Island Township | Roscoe Township | Stanton Township | Vasa Township | Wacouta Township | Wanamingo Township | Warsaw Township | Welch Township | Zumbrota Township
Hader | Stanton | Moland
- List of Churches in Goodhue, the kind of records they hold and contact information.
- Goodhue County Biographies Searchable, donated, short biographies of historical Goodhue residents.
Civil War service men from Goodhue County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Goodhue County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company F.
- - 3rd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company D and E.
- - 4th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company D.
- - 5th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies A and H.
- - 6th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company F.
- - 7th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company G.
- - 8th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies F and H.
- List of microfilmed newspapers available at Goodhue Historical Society.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).