Glenns Ferry Idaho Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Serving Glenns Ferry, Hammett, and King Hill.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 800 W. Old Hwy 30 Glenns Ferry Idaho 83623 United States
- Plenty of parking.
- Use the west side entrance (on the cemetery side). Door is locked, but when sign is up, please knock and someone will come.
- Language:English and Spanish
Open Hours: Tuesday 11 am-5 pm.
- To make an appointment for another time, please contact the temple and family history consultant - center at (208)366-2239.
Closed all holidays:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These include Ancestry.com (Institution Version); Puzzilla.org (Premium Services); Create your Who Do You Think You Are? Story, for free; Fold3.com; 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive; Access Newspaper Archive; Alexander Street Press: The American Civil War, Social and Cultural History, & Women and Social Movements in the United States; Findmypast (Institution Version); Historic Map Works (Library Edition); LegacyStories; MyHeritage (Library Edition); Paper Trail; ProQuest Obituary Listings; and World Vital Records.
Hardware and Equipment
Computers (3) - Laser Printer (No color copies) - Scanner - Microfilm Reader - Microfiche Reader - Recorder Device available
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)