Germany, Saxony, Bautzen, Citizen Rolls - FamilySearch Historical Records
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Germany, Saxony, Bautzen, Citizen Rolls, 1496-1923 .
Record Description[edit | edit source]
The collection consists of citizen rolls, resident lists, and registers of home owners for Bautzen, Saxony, Germany.
For a list of record categories and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse link from the collection landing page.
Citation for This Collection[edit | edit source]
The following citation refers to the original source of the data and images published on FamilySearch.org Historical Records. It may include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- Germany, Saxony, Bautzen, citizen rolls. Stadtarchiv Bautzen, Sachsen, Germany.
Information about creating source citations for FamilySearch Historical Collections is listed in the wiki article Help:How to Create Source Citations For FamilySearch Historical Records Collections.
Record Content[edit | edit source]
The following record examples from this collection need English translations. Please help us by placing a translation of the record example on the talk page.
The information varies by year; later years contain more information than the early years. Any of the following detail may be included in the record:
- Full name
- Address or residence
- Birth place
How to Use the Record[edit | edit source]
Next to parish registers, citizen rolls provide some of the best family information. To begin your search you need to know at least the name of your ancestor and some identifying information such as birthdate. If you know only the age, you can approximate the birthdate. Use the birthdate and place, to locate your ancestor in church records.
The records are in written in German Gothic script. For help reading the records see the wiki articles:
Tips to Keep in Mind[edit | edit source]
When using these records keep in mind:
- The information may be incorrect.
- The ages listed may not be correct.
- A given name may not be the same as the name used in vital records.
- Names may be spelled as they sound.
- Place-names may be misspelled.
- Some parts of the record may be illegible.
- If the family is not at the expected location, you should search the surrounding area.
Related Websites[edit | edit source]
Related Wiki Articles[edit | edit source]
Contributions to This Article[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing Family Search Historical Collections[edit | edit source]
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citations Examples for Records Found in a Collection[edit | edit source]
|This citation example isn't from this collection. You can help by replacing this example with a citation for a record found in this collection.|
The following are examples of records found in different collections. Please help us by replacing these examples with a citation for a record you have found in this collection.
- “Delaware Marriage Records,” database and digital images, FamilySearch (: 4 March 2011), William Anderson and Elizabeth Baynard Henry, 1890; from Delaware, State Marriage Records 23 November 1913, no. 859, Delaware Bureau of Archives and Records Management, Dover; FHL microfilm 2,025,063.
- “El Salvador Civil Registration,” database and digital images, FamilySearch (: 21 March 2011), Jose Maria Antonio del Carmen, 1880; from La Libertad, San Juan Opico, Nacimientos 1879-1893, image 50; Ministerio Archivo Civil de la Alcaldia Municipal, San Salvador.
When the citation has been replaced with a citation specific to the collection described, please change the heading to "Citation Example for Records Found in This Collection".