Germany, Prussia, Brandenburg, Angermünde, Miscellaneous City Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Germany, Brandenburg, Angermünde Miscellaneous City Records, 1706-1922 .
- 1 Title in the Language of the Records
- 2 Record Description
- 3 How to Use the Record
- 4 Known Issues with This Collection
- 5 Related Websites
- 6 Related Wiki Articles
- 7 Contributions to This Article
- 8 Citation for This Collection
- 9 Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Title in the Language of the Records
Deutschland, Brandenburg, Angermünde Archivgut
This is a collection of mixed records from the city archives of Angermünde. Most of the records are handwritten in narrative style and, in later years, in formatted forms. The record text is in German.
This collection may include records, such as:
- City directories
- Citizen rolls
- Military records
- Residents lists
- Census records
- Voting registers
- Birth records
The key genealogical facts found on these records may include:
- Names of parents, children, witnesses
- Dates and places of events, ages
- Residence and religion of principals
- Occupation of principal person and maybe of other people listed depending on the record
How to Use the Record
In order to find data in this collection, it will be necessary to know at least the name of the ancestor, the place of the event, and an approximate date.
Some records have indexes at the end of the volume. Frequently, these indexes are arranged by the given name of the individual and sometimes use the Latin form of the name. Those volumes without indexes need to be searched chronologically for the individuals sought.
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information about other people listed in the record. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details that can lead you to other records about your ancestors.
- Use the birth or baptism date and place to find the family in census records.
- Use the residence and names of the parents to locate civil and land records.
- The father’s occupation can lead you to employment, military, or other types of records.
- The parents' places of origin can tell you former residences and can help to establish a migration pattern for the family.
- Marriage date and place may help find a couple's children.
- Burial place may also help you find a couple's migration pattern.
It is often helpful to extract the information on all children with the same parents. If the surname is unusual, you may want to compile baptism entries for every person of the same surname and sort them into families based on the names of the parents. Continue to search the baptism records to identify siblings, parents, and other relatives in the same or other generations who were born, married, and died in or near to the same place.
Known Issues with This Collection
<img class="FCK__MWTemplate" src="https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/extensions/FCKeditor/fckeditor/editor/images/spacer.gif" _fckfakelement="true" _fckrealelement="4" _fck_mw_template="true">For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached <a href="Germany, Brandenburg, Angermünde, Miscellaneous City Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known Issues">Wiki article</a>. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to <a href="mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org</a>. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Related Wiki Articles
- <a _fcknotitle="true" href="Germany Archives and Libraries">Germany Archives and Libraries</a>
- <a _fcknotitle="true" href="Germany Church Records">Germany Church Records</a>
- <a _fcknotitle="true" href="Germany locating civil registration records not at the Family History Library">Germany locating civil registration records not at the Family History Library</a>
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the data and images published on FamilySearch.org Historical Records. It may include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
Germany. Various entities in the city of Angermünde. Miscellaneous records, 1748-1922. State Archive of Angermünde, Brandenburg, Germany.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Information about creating source citations for FamilySearch Historical Collections is found in the wiki article Help:How to Create Source Citations For FamilySearch Historical Records Collections.
Examples of Source Citations for a Record Found In This Collection
"Germany, Brandenburg, Angermunde, Miscellaneous City Records 1706-1922" digital images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org: accessed 14 March, 2012), Volkzachlung 1895 > image 500 of 551 images, Hoffman Volkzahlung 1895; citing Germany. Various entities in the city of Angermünde. Miscellaneous records, 1748-1922. State Archive of Angermünde, Brandenburg, Germany.