Geneva County, Alabama Genealogy
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Geneva County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||December 26, 1868|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
GENEVA COUNTY, 200 North Commerce Street, Geneva, AL 36340, (334) 684-5620
1898 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
For tips on accessing Geneva County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Center
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Dothan Alabama
- Dothan, Alabama
- Enterprise Alabama
- Enterprise, Alabama
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Geneva County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).