Genealogical Web Page Links
Genealogical web pages links come in many formats. Some are free, some require a sign in and some charge you for using them.
This article can never be the end of all genealogical web pages. It is not designed to be a list of all personal genealogical pages but web sites providing assistance and resources for the researcher.
As this article expands, genealogical web pages may be organized by state, providence, shire and country. You can make this possible by adding links to the basic catagories below.
Free web pages
- USGenWeb Project - This is a group of volunteers working together to provide free genealogy websites for genealogical research in every county and every state of the United States. This Project is non-commercial and fully committed to free genealogy access for everyone.
- Cyndi's List - This has been a trusted genealogy research site for more than 15 years. Cyndi's List is free for everyone to use and it is meant to be your starting point when researching online.
- RootsWeb.com - The primary purpose and function of RootsWeb.com is to connect people so that they can help each other and share genealogical research. Most resources on RootsWeb.com are designed to facilitate such connections. Please note that Ancestry.com has bought RootsWeb.com. We sincerely hope and pray that RootsWeb.com continues to be free.
- Christine's Genealogy website - This web site specializes in African-American genealogy.
- FreeBMD - Free British Birth, Marriage and Death records from the Trustees of FreeBMD (Ben Laurie, Graham Hart, Camilla von Massenbach, David Mayall and Allan Raymond), a charity registered in England and Wales, Number 1096940.
- Family Chronicle - Family Chronicle surveyed experienced websurfers to determine which of the web's 1,300+ genealogy sites are not to be missed. They were particularly interested in discovering "hidden gems" -- little-known sites with a lot to offer.